The Dutch village of Meissen Porcelain. Count Brühl’s Dessert de Luxe
Dr. Melitta Kunze-Koellensperger
Count Heinrich von Brühl (1700 – 1763) laid the basis for the table centrepiece known as the "Dutch Village of Meissen porcelain“, when he ordered the palace, the church and several half-timbered farm houses in 1743. However, similar miniature architectures were also stored in the Court Confectionaries in Dresden, Warschau and Hubertusburg, but furthermore they were part of diplomatic gifts and highly in demand by the French clientele.
Haughton International Ceramics Seminar 2017 at Christie's